Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Scenes from Sundance



This week I was charmed to visit the Sundance Resort in Utah, arguably Robert Redford's ultimate creative effort.

This breathtaking facility is his dream, his vision, and his gift to the creative spirit in all its forms.


Designed as a center for the independent film arts, its natural surroundings remain true to Bob's reverence for the planet and its wondrous beauty.



But apart from nature herself, the Sundance facility is as lovely a place as anyone could imagine.



There is an apparent respect for vintage, and natural building materials. For aesthetic crafts and decoration.



It's a place to get the fires of your mountain cabin lust both fanned and fulfilled. Its simple buildings, rooms, and furnishings do nothing less than inspire the pursuit of that which is useful, beautiful, and enduring.



Enjoy just a few delightful scenes from Sundance!


















A few resort cabins.








A gem almost hidden in the trees.


















The coffee shop deli with it's vintage sign and international clocks.









The General Store.

















Only one of a few wonderful restaurants.




































The morning sun dancing on the etched boulder entrance sign to the Sundance Resort.
Happy Birthday Bob!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed the tour.
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

Linked to Friday-Finding Beauty at Dipity Road
The Tablescaper for Summer Sundays
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday


17 comments:

  1. We get the catalog. LOVE their stuff! What a treat.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic place. A shabby looking but with so much charm. Great photography.

    You know Jacqueline, last night I finally watched Everything is Illuminated. Great movie. Thank you for telling me about it.

    I'm going away for a little vacation. Talk to you later ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing us along on the tour ~ just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great place to visit. I could sure see myself sitting on the porch in the morning drinking my coffee. Thanks for sharing BTW, I think that dry sink would have "somehow" followed me home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqueline, You are one busy lady, sneaking away for a fab getaway!! It looks like a wonderful time was had... I never would have dreamed there was so much to do there!! It is a world unto itself :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of Sundance but had no idea how large and rustic the place was.
    It would be wonderful to spend some time there; glad you shared your photos.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would have loved to have visited Sundance with you Jacqueline. Claudia as you know is from Utah. I didn't realize it was there. I would love to visit her one day, and you can bet'' ya' that I will be checking this rustic, Robert Redford place of interest.
    Oh and I LOVE ROBERT REDFORD just a tad : )
    Happy FFB
    Nice to meet you.
    Love Claudie from Canada
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great...looks like a chunk of heaven. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    This is such a beautiful..Have never been there but I've truly enjoyed all of your detailed photos. I now feel like I've been there "in spirit".

    I'm visiting for Finding Beauty. I'd love for you to come by for a visit. ♥

    Happy Day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful tour. Thanks!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank you for the tour; what a treat! Your pictures are great, and you have such an artistic eye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been to Sundance. Thanks so much for the wonderful tour!

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great visit, and thanks so much for sharing. Someday I would like to see Sundance for myself. Mumzie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the Sundance tour, very unique! Very rustic and different, did you take anything home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a wonderful western style -- just loved every photo. It looks so much better in your photos than what I've seen in the past.

    Some news: We're staring a Giveaway Friday! link-up party this Fri. 8/27 plus we are giving away a custom backsplash! Please join us. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice tour you gave us...and such wonderful photos. That looks like my kind of place:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!