Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Enchantment


The sun rises every morning here the way it does elsewhere. But in Albuquerque, the hot air balloon capital of the world, in the land of enchantment, the dawn brings balloon rise as well. Each day finds a small cluster of wafting color overhead in the distance.



In my part of town, a hot air balloon often soars directly overhead, and can just as easily land in your own back yard.



The annual balloon fiesta commences in October. Meanwhile another local phenomenon is planted firmly on the ground. One that leaves YOU feeling buoyant instead.


It is the ethereal Casa Rondena Winery. When you visit, don't look for these structures any where else in New Mexico. But this winery's unique Southern Spain/North African architecture unites in an estate no less delightful to savor than a fine wine.



I get to drive past the grounds a few times a week, and the beauty never fails to give me a little lift. I enjoy bringing visitors on the weekends now and then, and I can't imagine a more perfect time to visit than late summer.



Enjoy a few enchanting scenes from the winery grounds.












































Thanks so much for joining me! Ciao! for now!
I hope you're having a wonderful end of Summer weekend!


I'm linking with Hey Harriet for Shadow Shot Sunday
and The Tablescaper for Summer Sundays,


17 comments:

  1. This winery has fascinating architecture and great framed views of the gardens! A beautiful place to wander and dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the shadows in their play here. Great old buildings and wonderful, soothing colors.
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. This winery is wonderful - the southwest architecture is so different from New England. The stucco, arches and that bell tower are gorgeous, and over a glass of fine wine, to admire...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photos! Such a lovely winery! Great architecture and I love the balloon!
    I always enjoy visiting wineries! Haven't been to any in New Mexico, but have been to several in California and Oregon. And I love balloon rides!! Delightful post for the day! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqueline..
    Thanks for the beautiful tour! I grew up in San Fernando... and spanish / mission style was the norm... you sure don't see that here in the NW!
    Was the linky party easy to do?... I have signed up but not tried yet... I planned on trying it when life is quieter in the fall / winter:-)
    Hope you are having a fab weekend!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful shadows amongst these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful summer shadow shots...
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the wonderful tour! You certainly live in a lovely location. I love seeing hot air balloons. They're not a regular sight where I am though. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful location and your pics are great! I'll bet the wine's not bad either-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That balloon fest is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the lovely tour. Your photos are beautiful....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luv the photos of the winery! They are so pretty and the buliding has an anchient look to it also....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful. I would love to come and visit your area.

    So sorry to be visiting so late. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. enchanting, indeed. i love the light and shadow shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is obvious that you enjoyed this visit. The photos are creative and your words enthusiastic.

    Thanks for sharing....

    Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to go explore the wineries in our state as well....they are always so beautiful. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!