Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

The New Shop Space













It's a little unreal to me that Mother's Day was only one week ago! Each day has been so full since then. But I am glad that I picked up my camera during our opening event at the fun new shop I am now in at Cielo in Albuquerque.



We celebrated with delicious cookies and tea. In New Mexico we pronounce the word for heaven with a soft "C", but our Italian inspired shop name is with a "Ch", like the instrument cello.




I took advantage of a lull to snap a few photos and was glad to find later that there was enough for a post! We opened last Thursday, and still have lots to do, but here is a peek at what we have in store.



Lots of homey vintage, of course! And I just love woodland themes and lovely old books like this one from the wares of our shop owner, Celeste. You'll find more great photos on her FB page here.




But then we all love so many of the same things!




This adorable little cradle has gotten a lot of attention so far.




I'm also loving the soft colors of Vintage Palmetto, the beautiful selections of my friend and new shop mate, Kat.




My girls would love this sweet little lamb.




I still have some spaces to fill, but it's not hard for people to recognize Cabin & Cottage in my new digs by my love for chippy white! 




My space is much smaller, so maybe it will be easier to keep it stocked with all the vintage garden decor that I love too. Except it's so hard to give up! Haha! You might enjoy a look at my Gardenalia board on Pinterest too! The link is here.




And lovely vintage linens too!












It's always fun setting up a new space to share some of my favorite things like silver and ironstone china. I was lucky to find this great cubby piece to display things in. (Wish I had a few more to sell!)












I love the look of these Ball freezer jars I came across recently. Never had any before, and they feed my new thing for farmhouse style.




And what is cottage style without a few vintage rose prints?




If you ever get a chance to visit, shop details are on my sidebar.





May is always so full!

 Hope you get to fit in lots of beauty along the way.

Wishing you many happy days ahead!

Jacqueline






15 comments:

  1. What an adorable little store! I love the vintage look with all the white and linens. I've never been to New Mexico but should I ever be in the area I will definitely drop in!!!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how exciting for you, dear Jacqueline! Your things are just beautiful, as well as the entire shop! You have such a talent for displays, and finding wonderful treasures! Have fun, dear girl.
    Debbie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to take a road trip --- haven't been to Santa Fe or Albuquerque for a few years. Always fun shopping in those two cities, and I'm sure your shop would not disappoint! Cool and rainy here, but know it will dry up soon; and we will complain about the heat and need for moisture. Coloradoans are never satisfied with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks amazing, fresh and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Jacqueline. I'd have a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRAVO!!! Best of luck in these new digs - so awesome.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swooning over that chippy white door. Oh my!!! Love. Have a great week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely lovely! Enjoyed the mini tour Jacqueline~
    Thank you for sharing : ) Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful store, the perfect place for you. I wish I lived close enough to visit. Congratulations on the opening I am sure it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new shop space, neighbors and display are all beautiful and I think -- I hope -- you will find a very happy home there. I'd certainly be in serious trouble if I stepped in the door!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely, Jacqueline! I would love shopping there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jacqueline, I been following you for some time but never commented, I love your style and your blog. I would love yo visit your shop one day. I live in Temecula Ca. I also have a space in a store called Rosie's Cottage.
    Wish you a big success in your new store Cielo, love the name. God bless you.
    Blanca M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy you found a new space. It looks good. Wishing I were closer, I would be there in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely event, and your corner looks just delicious! Love all the ironstone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new shop looks so charming, dear Jacqueline! Of course I love the vintage book and the sweet rose prints. I will definitely stop in if I am lucky enough to get to New Mexico! Best of luck in your new venue! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!