Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Shabby Sweet Celebration





Of all things hearts and flowers, I think I am most sentimental about sweet frosted sugar cookies.




To me they are the ultimate symbol of St. Valentines Day.








No doubt that the feeling is a hangover from a childhood past when I was first so enchanted with them.



In fact they are the first thing that I ever learned to bake.




These beautiful versions come from Le Chantilly, the best French bakery in town. (Or maybe just plain best bakery!)




It's time to get out the sweetest china in the house too.






Hard to say which is sweeter. In fact a little rosy plate or teacup makes a fine little gift for the holiday too!








Who could pass up this sweet little cake that even tastes pink as well?








Having a house full of little girls this weekend makes for such a convenient indulgence! (And yes we have a chocolate version too!)



But all the sweet prettiness is also for YOU!




(I have never used the word SWEET so many times in a post in my life!!!)




Thank you so much for all the sweet bloggy love throughout the year.









I am so blessed to have you!

Happy Valentines Day!

I hope it is just as sweet for you!

Jacqueline






20 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Jacqueline! I love your soft and sweet post. The square plate with the chocolate cookie heart on it is lovely. I actually prefer the soft pinks to red for Valentine's Day but you wouldn't know it by the post I have on this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, Jacqueline. It gives my Valentine cookies something to aspire to. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I envy you your granddaughters to appreciate your sweet things! My seven grandsons couldn't care less, except for the chocolate mini-cakes I made yesterday. I love your sweet post! I'm a sucker for sweet, and for cute, too! Have a great time with your family!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies are lovely. I don't think there's a bakery in these parts that does anything like the ones you've shown, and I am not that sort of baker at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous post! Happy Valentines Day Jacqueline…

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the girls are having a wonderful time. The cookies and cakes look so pretty and perfect for Valentine Day. Have a Happy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful time with your sweet Grand daughters!

    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet post! Those cookies would be my weakness. Best wishes for a fun and loving Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally, totally, totally FABULOUS! I cannot resist a sugar cookie no matter what! And these are the prettiest ever. I'm thinking your Valentine's time was filled with loads of love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the one with the gold vines on it is so gorgeous! The cookies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sugar cookies are the best! Happy Valentines Day to you too! Sweet blogger! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same feeling about sugar cookies Jacqueline. My daughters and I made them every Valentine's Day and it's the memory of that that makes them so special to me.
    Your photos of them on your beautiful china have me sighing and so happy that I made the trip over here today!

    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!
    I got my chocolate :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty! The pale pink is so elegant. I totally adore that small handpainted pink rose plate and the matching napkin, so sweet!
    Happy St. Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU are sweet Jacqueline! Thank you for all the beautiful posts thru the years~
    You give us such a 'sweet' place of solace in our busy hectic days; and I enjoy the bit of little indulgences whenever I visit ; ) Blessings, Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't little girls just perfect for a Val Day weekend? Bet you had such fun!

    Your cookies and wee heart cake on your gorgeous vintage china is lovely!

    Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely "sweet". Love everything about the cookies and china.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When my children were little I hosted a Valentine's party every year. I think it was the sweetest party we had all year and always looked forward to it. Our home made heart sugar cookies were never as pretty as these but with a bit of lemon in the batter they were delicious. Your rose covered china makes any occassion beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!