Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Amber Moods

 
 

I sometimes think of Milton's poem, and "amber-dropping hair" with the gold and russet leaves of autumn. Billowing gently from the autumn branches, as though nature lets down her hair before she sleeps, the slow-motion shower of color always strikes me with a mood I feel no other time of year. The amber-colored mood of November. . . .
 
 
 
 
 We are huddled closer to the flame of home fires today. Wishing safety and comfort for many still left in the cold and devastation. Hoping for a speedy return to light, warmth., and peace of mind.
 
 
 
  
We have spent the weekend enjoying savory meals with friends old and new, walks along the river photographing the golden cottonwood trees, and conversation by candlelight late into the night. The extra hour gained by "fall back" could not have been better timed. . . . 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
  
  




 
 
 
 
 
 



  
 
 
 
 
  
 
 






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
If you want more, you might enjoy one of my very favorites, the Tumblr blog Moods of the Moon And The Muse. 
 
Keeping the home fires burning. . . .
 
Jacqueline




 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. I love the colors of fall! You have such a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Amber hues of fall are just beautiful and you have captured the true beauty of it ~ Love these pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta go light myself some fires! ALL so very lovely.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber colored mood........I like that phrase, Jacqueline. This is a beautiful post full of thoughtfulness as only you can do with images and words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and quieting beautiful. Love the living room shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline, are those teacups Johnson Bros.? (the 1st photo of teacups)If so, what is the pattern name? I really like those. Thanks, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I like the ambers and whites in your home. I just lit 2 candles as the day is growing shorter at 4:00 pm. I don't like the time change and I didn't sleep any longer either! :) I like your fireplace burning and the cozy chair to compute from. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi J,
    As I sit here wondering how it can only be 6:15, I am warmed by your golden glow... Gorgeous! COZY!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacqueline....you have no idea how you inspire me. I even bought an old delapidated table from someones old barn because of one of your vignettes. I absolutely LOVE how you put things together. I've decided I want to move to your house... it would be like living in a perfect world. Your photos are all SO gorgeous and some feel so ethereal to me. I love your fall. It makes home even dearer to me.

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jacqueline. I love your November home fires..Keep them lit..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. It makes me want to snuggle in close to the fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely post, Jacqueline, filled with beautiful images and thoughtful prose. It sounds as if you had a lovely time with your guests. I'm sure they felt welcome, warm and comforted in your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely seasonal photos and I covet the old suitcases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your candlelight and brown transferware! Both say "Fall" to me. Your living room looks so cozy for the cooler season. Have a wonderful week.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!