Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Moving Outdoors



We have busy times ahead, of course. But Earth Day was for relaxing and settling into a season outdoors. We positioned the garden table under the shade of a cherry tree and nestled right in.


Like the branches overhead, we spread out and never moved all afternoon except to recapture the shade as it crept across the newly mowed lawn. The activities of the day were no more strenuous than blowing dandelion seeds.



A few books and papers. A refreshing drink. And a little something country cottage underneath. This time the table is draped with a vintage duvet cover from Belgium, with an embroidered vintage tea cloth on top. A mix of blue plates for snacks completes the picture. Lazy, quiet, shady, and sweet. . . .










Ironstone transferware plates and a sturdy basin for flowers.





Getting lost in china. . . .



. . . or the current British Country Living.







When is my heart NOT in the country?



This month Country Homes & Interiors, another UK publication, features the home of Swedish designer Helena Bernald of The Swenglish Home blog found here, and on my side bar.




You may recognize her fabulous rooms!









Maia hates flying bugs! So we rigged her a net for a cozy retreat with Brambly Hedge books. Kids are so easy to entertain outdoors!












I thought you might like to see Barnes & Nobles new book bag design. Five bucks when you purchase two items. So handy for toting books and magazines in and out of the house! And gorgeous.








I've been dying to peruse this book ever since I first saw it.. My favorite section is FRESH FARMHOUSE.












Withered cherry blossoms rained down on the cloth all afternoon. The last snow did more damage than I had hoped. But we still have quite a few cherries coming on!




Now on to a new week and the ceremonies of spring.
 It's almost graduation time!
I hope your week gets off to a good start!
 Thanks so much for coming by!

Jacqueline



Join me at
Metamorphosis Monday
Tabletop Tuesday
Outdoor Wednesday


21 comments:

  1. A perfect Sunday afternoon! Was so pleased to see that Maia was reading the Brambly Hedge books. They are such a delight and I still have all the series,they were bought for my daughter when she was a girl.
    The English Farmhouse is on my list of books I'd like to own and it won't be too long before I actually DO own it I suspect:) I really enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distressed letters CALM in pink! The entire blog makes me feel calm and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect day you had, Jacqueline! And so beautifully captured in your photos. Those B&N totes are so pretty. "I gotta get me one." I love your table, the books, the netting... a wonderful way to celebrate the earth's pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel as though I just shared a perfect afternoon with you, Jacqueline.

    SO beautifully done.

    Just lovely, thank you for the much- needed respite.

    Have a blessed week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so beautiful. We are having a cold spell here in WV. Not the normal weather for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect day! I've sent in a subscription to English Country Living but haven't received a copy yet. Love the pictures. I have Perfect Country Farmhouse and Perfect English by Ms. Shaw. They are my wish books for what my life would be like in England.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a dreamy post! I like the idea of the white 'tent' hanging from the tree to keep bugs at bay from sleeping (or reading) children (or adults)! I am still visiting out west where the weather has been sunny and mild but not summery yet. Everything is still brown but there is green starting to pop and plants are starting to poke up. The ice just left the river yesterday! Such a different climate. Back home it's cold and rainy. Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a perfect day! Maia must have enjoyed her cozy nest.
    I enjoyed catching up and loved the shots of your pale pink lilacs-mine are only in the bud stage yet,but soon!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so envious.We did not have that pretty of a day.Sunny yes but only in the 40's.Lovely outdoor photos.I am going to barnes and noble tonight and look for that magazine and book.Have a great day.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK..I am sooo ready to come over and have a glass of that lemonade with you. Sit, and chat.
    and enjoy all the beauty that seems to surround your life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so pretty and dreamy! Love the bug tent..so magical for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tent for your bug phobic kiddo is the bomb diggity. If I were visiting I might would develop a sudden bug phobia myself. TJ's graffics are lovely in your splendid vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, your photos are so beautiful. Looks like a wonderful, relaxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi J,
    Gotta love those cherry trees! It looks like the ideal day of lounging, and daydreaming.... I have one of those nets like Maia, I am not afraid of bugs, I just wanna be a princess :-) I love her little nest :-)
    You know you made me want lemonaid... I must be due for a TJ's trip soon.
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely way to spend the afternoon...you are truly lucky...
    we have COLD weather here again...
    what does Mother Nature have in store for us this year??
    sure is a mystery to me..
    enjoy your week..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jacqueline: What a peaceful and restful Earth Day you had. And lucky to have something from Trader Joe's to quench your thirst. Anything from Trader Joe's is tops in my book It certainly looks like Maia is enjoying her books in her little piece of heaven. Something special for a little girl..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful post! love the bug tent and the "pink calm" pics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful post! Everything is just so pretty! And I love that book bag! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Visiting from TTT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a lovely happy blog Jaqueline,
    Maia looks very content under the mosquito netting.
    Isnt it just great that spring is 90% here!
    I love the magazine bag from B & N
    Your photos are always so appealing
    You give me such inspiration Jaqueline.
    thank you
    happy days
    val

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for introducing me to a new blog...it looks beautiful!
    And beautiful is what describes your outdoor vignette!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!