Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Public Garden & Butterfly Pavillion


We are blessedly out of routine with our visitors these days. And a lovely way to break away for a leisure morning is a visit to the botanical gardens.



Each season has its delights. But for me this time it was the hibiscus with its huge blooms and luscious colors.










Our gardens have a butterfly pavillion attached which is as big a hit with adults as with children. Kids  give us an excuse to follow our own noses for awhile. I like letting the youngsters set the pace whether it's a minute or an hour. Today they chose a delightful and engrossing hour to be enclosed with colorful wings and flowers. Here is just the smallest sampling of our outing.
























































Chrysallis nursery.





Butterfly eggs.








Now this is a succesful plant!
I hope you're having your own lovely and colorful week!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline


Join me at
Outdoor Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. Great shots of the butterflies and the eggs. Never seen those before. I love going in a butterfly pavillion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi J,
    I am COMPLETELY JEALOUS of the butterfly pavillion!! I was just reading about one the other day, and wishing. I visited one once at a fair and something was wrong with it and it was a sad sight, they were all dead.
    WOW on the giant Hibiscus? that is a beauty!
    I am glad you are enjoying your broken routine, it looks like time well spent:-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty place, and perfect timing, i am reading the butterfly's daughter~

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! You have species that we don't have. They look very exotic. Nice visit, thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos of the plants and butterflies. What a delightful place to visit. Enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh what a wonderful tour through the botanical gardens this evening. I loved seeing the gorgeous butterflies, so free and happy. They just flitter about. LOVE it.

    I also love seeing all the gorgeous daisies. The cone flowers were so pretty. Loved seeing the hibiscus, wow was that one every large. Exquisite colors. Great shots my friend.

    Thank you SO much for sharing with me this evening. I enjoyed myself immensely. Have a great evening. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess for some reason I haven't thought of butterfly eggs...what a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful images! The butterflies and flowers are beautiful. Hope your week is going along beautifully!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely beautiful photos. I haven't been able to catch a butterfly, yet with my camera. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! When did Albuquerque get a botanical garden? It's just beautiful and your photos are fantastic! Steve and I went to a butterfly garden in Victoria, BC and really enjoyed it. I love it when butterflies flit around my garden. So peaceful and serene, as your post!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos and what a lot of butterfly's I've never seen before.

    Regards from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what amazing shots! Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!