Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Summer Hearth


I've really enjoyed all the summer changes I've seen on mantels this week. So of course I've been inspired to do something with mine. I tend to make more changes on my hearth because there is more display space there, and it's a good height for it. About two feet. It's also deep and at least six or seven feet long. My mantel ledge is only about six inches deep, so it's much more limiting.


I always have shells, but summer seems to demand them. And my white ironstone collection is just begging to be seen in a new light.


I couldn't have imagined that potted hydrangeas would last so long. They make hot house cut flowers seem all the more extravagant. But they have brought a lot of enjoyment to the house since they arrived on Mother's Day.


I've found a number of different cachepots to pop them into, both inside the house and out on the patio. But today they are sporting one of my favorite matte finish McCoy pots.




A cast iron garden urn rounds out my new arrangement.



I'm going to call its color French Grey and pretend I'm hanging out in a French country house.



More grey in a tin tile as a backdrop. I don't know how this turned post was originally used. But I like its sculptural quality and repetitive lines. Lots of texture makes white more interesting. And a new season just makes me want to see something new! How about you?

 








Thanks for all your inspiration!
Ciao! for now!
Jacqueline



I'm sharing at

20 comments:

  1. oh yes very nice, love the metal pieces, add them to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mantel! Wish hydrangeas would grow here in the Arizona desert but they don't! Yours are so pretty and I love the white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful with all the shells. My mantel is narrow too. I wish hubby would add to it. I will have to talk him into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline,
    Your mantel is beautiful! I always love the way you do white. Lots of natural accessories. Love the tin panels too, that is the perfect touch. Yes, I do like the masculine side of decor. I like the girly too, but then I have a house of men so I lean toward the masculine for them. It works. Thanks for joining me at HSH always!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. YOur displays are always lovely and this is just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jacqueline,
    I am in love with those white hydrangeas. So beautiful. Also love the seashells. Gorgeous display as always : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks lovely.
    Isn't it fun to move things around (often)?

    I love everything you used.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacqueline..just lovely. Makes me wish I had a mantel! I have a wood stove...we live in the mountains. But your mantel is just full of white goodness! Love your posts my dear they always make me smile.
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacqueline I love what you have created...adding light bright touches, and seashells is one thing I always include.

    Xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    Be sure to Come and enter my amazing $250 giveaway from Tracy Porter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm loving the ironstone, the shells, and the matte white McCoy. Great minds... :-)

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I simply love, LOVE al your beautiful bits and pieces. Aren't they gorgeous! They look so rustic and so lovely all at once. You have a great eye!

    I've had a lovely browse through your blog and I'm your new follower!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the shades of white and cream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so beautiful! I love your rusty tin tiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful textures and I just love that grey tin tile, I love the idea of tin tiles for ceilings, we don't have anything like that here. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy whites here. You have such a way of mixing different textures and shapes. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the soothing tones and beautiful textures you've combined!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL Jacqueline I love all the shells! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your pieces, Jacqueline! Summer really does demand seashells, I agree fully. Hope you have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty..romantic.. picture perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!