Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Partial Post


I am feeling so tres Francais these days, and what is more French than a chanticleer on your table! The French name is so much more romantic than plain old rooster! Ha!



And a quilt for a table covering takes it the rest of the way. I like to use my quilts this way, but I like to treat them well too. So if it is an old handmade cover like this white one is, I use it for a lesser use table, such as a buffet or just for the look on a dining table between soirees. The modern machine made quilts are often produced just for the table, like those at William-Sonoma, and can stand up to repeated washing for a good while.




I have my cotton dinner napkins gathered with Rachel Ashwell fabric rose napkin rings. (She offered these quite a few seasons ago at Target.) They soften my outdoor setting and compliment the live roses I have at center.



I'm still thinking summer whites, but the deeper colors give a nod to the next season and give nice contrast. The multicolored eggs are from our own backyard chickens. What a natural for this centerpiece! And the soft mixed egg colors are so lovely.



We're missing the photos of the white dinner service, flatware, and bistro glasses, which got lost in the ether! Who knows where? Which makes it a partial post. But that's just a reminder that in any event, sometimes there are glitches. Like Julia Child, you have to mash the omelet back together before you serve it sometimes!




It's the hospitality that's important. And a memorable table really does go a long way toward making your guests feel welcomed!



Bon appetit! And Ciao! for now!
Thanks for stopping by!

Jacqueline


I'm linking up with The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I knew you would find your chanticleers! They are wonderful. You know the most perfect way to pair the bright roosters with white is in these soft brown patterns. The pitcher is perfect too. You have great style even if your plates, glasses, and flatware went missing!LOL (It is so pretty the guest won't even notice!)
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and the eggs just make the table-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and elegant even without dishes! I love the quilt idea.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roosters are so cool- love the little eggs, too. I have a quilt on my kitchen table right now, turned wrong side up so it's white!
    Love your blog!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your summer whites against the French roosters. They look perfectly crisp together. I am so "un hip" that I wouldn't have thought to put a quilt or such on a table. It looks wonderful, and I don't know why I never thought of it.

    I love it. Partial or complete... It's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and peaceful!
    I love the roosters! And I have
    a white quilt similar to the one
    you have shown...now I know where
    to put it! Love the table.

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your photos of the still lifes with the rooster figurines. Perhaps you may want to become a Barn Chick?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is so pretty and so very french. Love it. Your roosters are gorgeous being french. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tres belle! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacqueline.. You do lovely tables, no plates needed! Your roosters are beauties... lovin that quilt for a tablecloth (we were channeling bedding.. mine was a sheet shhh :-) Thanks for adding my button, it's kind of you! No more hiding now it's cold, crazy year!
    Happy dining...
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roosters are lovely! The rose napkin rings are terrific too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother's kitchen was full of chanticleers (and a few cows and pigs) ~ very french country. I kept a few, one all white, one glass and one black and white, just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this whole setting...the photography is gorgeous. That is so cute how you have the beautiful chickens on the table with the fresh eggs. I love the whole centerpiece idea. The napkins are beautiful as well. Beautiful job!! Thank you for linking up to Centerpiece Wednesday and sharing your creative and beautiful ideas.

    Karin :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your style. This setting is simply perfect. I love the table covering too. very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely white quilt. A white one is next on my list of quilts of desire! I have one that my Mom made for me in reds and creams that is specially for a table and I love it. Stop over and check out my archived posts to see it. I am not using it right now as it seems to call for a lighter look in all of this hot weather we are having.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great shot - the chickens with the eggs! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!