Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Page From My Diary

(That's a copper engraved map from Portugal in back.)

The recent special edition of Victoria Magazine, Rooms of Bliss, had an unforgettable quote from the designer Charlotte Moss:

". . . our objects, whatnots, and knickknacks say the most about who we are. They are as honest as a diary."


So here's another page from my book, and the sideboard I have featured all week, with a few more honest things that have found me, and that needed a warm, dry, place to stay while they feed me.


















I think we've finished disclosing from this room for awhile! Now I'm off to see YOUR stuff!

Ciao! for now! Thanks for dropping by!

Jacqueline

I'm joining Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
And Friday Finding Beauty at Dipity Road


9 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline... What a fabulous quote (note to self read... don't just stare at photos in magazines!) A perfect wrap up to your sideboard tour! A woman of the world you are! Me a total homebody :-) Love that sliced shell!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diary reads beautifully! Some very unique and interesting things there--quite like you. Thanks for the disclosure! Very lovely.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your displays and vignettes always inspire me. Thanks for sharing, ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how I keep seeing those sweet brown dishes peeking out at me. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our things that are scattered around us tell so much about our personality. Your things tell me so much about yours. I'd say you're a generous soul, with a very positive outlook on life. And you like to share your vision of what makes the world a better and "prettier" place. And I thank you for that, because that's why I love to visit here.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the quote! I guess the quote is 100% true! and you have some very unique and rare collection! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!

    Just had to stop and say hi!

    Your blog is so beautiful... I really think your whites are stunning.

    Stop by and say hi if you get a moment.

    I think you need to join with us on Fridays as we celebrate beauty... You have that captured and then some!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love to stop by to see what you have to share with us and today,you did not disappoint!!

    What a lovely vignette!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. these shells are amazing. where did you find them?

    btw if you wish, you could join this vignette to http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-tutorial-linky-party-9/

    ps new party every wednesday, open all week, findable from Fine Craft Guild homepage.

    we are particularly looking for tutorials, but posts which so clearly display LOVELY vignettes and how to put things together are great also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!