Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

A Pink Saturday Surprise


I got the loveliest surprise in the post today!



A gift from my sweet long time friend and pen pal Kay!



The first time I met Kay we both may have still been in our twenties! She always had a baby girl on her hip. She was a gorgeous soft spoken LADY from the south, skinny, with waist long dark hair. I don't know why I didn't hate her for that immediately! Ha!



We have spent all the years since then talking philosophy, family, books and magazines, and decorating, sometimes from a very long distance away, as we still are now.



She's the kind of girl to remember your birthday even when you have mostly forgotten it yourself! I haven't seen this darling tissue paper around, but it looks suspiciously like Rachel's. Somebody we both love! But doesn't everybody? And tied with a sweet pink satin ribbon! Made my day!!



The gorgeous serving bowl I discovered inside matches the Bird of Paradise dishes I posted about last week! Kay reads and comments effusively on all my posts!



How's THAT for paying attention? Look how fabulous it looks with my plates!




Thank you so much Dear Kay!
Here's to starting on the next thirty years! Love, J.




Thanks so much for stopping by! Ciao! for now!
Hope you stay in the pink this Saturday!

Jacqueline


13 comments:

  1. Now that is good friend. A "keeper". I just got off the phone from mine. She talked me in from the ledge...again. Thank GOD for wonderful girlfriends and gifts in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Lady! Have a great weekend!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    What a beautiful surprise from your sweet friend. Matches to a "T". See someone was paying very close attention.

    I love this pattern. It is so exquisite. Thank you for sharing with me today.

    I hope you have a beautiful Pink Saturday. Please stop by and let me share my pink post with you.

    Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dish and a very sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jacqueline... A big Happy Birthday to you!!! What a wonderful gift Kay sent you, though it sounds as though she is the real gift:-)
    Have a Fabulous Day!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'eve Jacqueline ~ I love your dishes, what a sweet friend & beautiful gifts ... Happy Birthday.

    Have a lovely PINK summer's weekend ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    PS We are having a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. another beautiful post! love the dishes! anything Johnson Brothers, always my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only a lovely surprise from a close friend, but that is gorgeous. I love the pattern. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!
    It is such a blessing to have friends...and gifts!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely dishes from your dear friend!

    Happy Pink Saturday, warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift!!! Lucky you!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet gift so beautifully wrapped!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely surprise that must have been! I love the pattern.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!